(Temporary) Apartment Tour

 

Hello Everyone! 


Currently with Covid-restrictions anyone who is traveling into Belgium is required to quarantine for a week, get a PCR Covid test, and then if they test negative are allowed to roam the country (and in our case, find our permanent apartment!). Since Matthew and I are pretty much stuck inside for 1-2 weeks, I thought I would take a couple of pictures of what our temporary apartment looks like. 

We were recommended to stay at our current location from Matt's boss. Our temporary landlord (and everyone else we've met here) has been incredibly nice to us and very helpful. He showed us where the local grocery store is and even let us borrow his old coffee maker so we could have some fresh coffee in the morning! 


The first stop on our apartment tour is the living room. This apartment is amazingly spacious and has lots of desks and chairs so Matt and I can easily spread out and get work done. You can see Matt hard at work trying to help me figure out how to say "hairdryer" in French :)



Our next stop (and probably the most impressive) is the balcony. We have a beautiful balcony that overlooks the road below us. 




 To the left of our place is a beautiful bridge. I don't know the name of it yet but will soon find out!


To the right of us leads to the grocery store and the ATM, which are the only places we're allowed to go to right now as they are "essential" goods. I will do a blog post later about the grocery store! 



The next stop is probably my favorite room in this apartment, the kitchen. As you can see, we have lots of fun cabinets everywhere. What is also cool is that prior guests have left different spices and drinks so we can get a sense of what the other guests have been like. So far we have found a Spanish beer, Vietnamese rice vodka, and some raspberry liquor. I'm looking forward to trying some of the famous Belgian beers myself. 




What's also kind of fun is that the fridge matches the cabinets too.



The bedroom isn't all that much to write home about to be honest, but I think the huge wardrobe is pretty neat.



The bathroom we have is pretty nice. We have a long stand-up shower... 



and a tankless water heater that took us an embarrassingly large amount of time to figure out how to turn on the hot water. The flush buttons for the toilet are cool too. There's a clothes drying rack too that is right next to a heater. I'm not sure if they have dryers here or if it's just the apartment; I know a lot of European countries only have washing machines and line dry all of their clothes. 



That's it for now. Sometime soon I will do a blog post about the local grocery store. Until Next Time! 

-Zoe 


Comments

  1. Thanks for the tour. Can’t wait to hear about your adventures! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm excited to share more about them!

      Delete
  2. Want to make sure I'm doing this right....my 1st blog experience....love gg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts